a few days before valentine’s day i like to do a beauty routine i call “my very own home spa”. it’s the beauty routine that makes me fell beautiful and relaxed. i don’t do this often, but i like to do it when i feel i need some time for myself, i need to take care of my hair and skin and deserve to feel beautiful.
2. afterwards, i like to soak in the bathtub. i turn on a fun comedy show or some music, lit up the place with a few candles and try to relax. then, i apply this body scrub: i love the grape fruit smell and the texture is amazing! i like to scrub and scrub and get rid of all those dead cells.
3. now it’s time to hydrate my body. you can see i have an obsession with citrous smells, this is my favorite body lotion, tuscan blood orange from pacifica, it was a gift from my mother in law a couple of years ago, and i just love it.
4. i also like to apply this korres rose mask to my face (my face includes my neck and my chest) and, even though this is an overnight mask, after a few minutes you can few that your skin is already feeling different, soft, hidrated, brighter.
5. this ia a brazilian product i love. i suffer a lot from hair loss. i have done anything and everything any dermatologist i have visited in the past 10 years have recommended. this is the latest dove hair loss treatment. i apply this mask to my hair and scalp and leave it there for 30 minutes, crossing my fingers it will help decrease my hair loss.
6. before leaving my wonderful home spa, i like to apply this brazilian almond oil to my skin. denver is extremely dry and i try to do everything that can help my skin hold some moisture.
7. since my hair is very thin, curly, unruly, dry towards the ends, i apply this passion fruit oil leave in conditioner to brush it with my new boar bristles brushes. it smells great and helps the ends hold some moisture.
this is guaranteed to leave me feeling amazing, clean, fresh and beautiful. after a few hours relaxing and taking care of myself i feel ready to choose an outfit for a romantic date with my valentine!
do you have a special beauty regime that makes you feel especial, fresh and beautiful for special occasions? i’d love to hear what you do and the products you use.